Many of our API scripts require the PHP programming language to run. This guide will walk you through getting the language and our extensions installed on your machine.
Mac OSX Users:
The Mac OSX operating system ships with a basic version of PHP pre installed, so the only thing we need to do is install the Indexed I/O extended PHP libraries.
1. Start by downloading Xcode from the app store. This program won't be used, but is required for the developer command line tools used to install our custom PHP library.
2. Next, open the Terminal program.
3. Execute the following command to install the Indexed I/O PHP libraries:
git clone https://github.com/IndexedIO/php-client.git
4. That's it!
1. Start by downloading the PHP.zip file from here.
2. Move the downloaded PHP.zip archive to the root of your C: drive so that you have "C:\PHP.zip"
3. Extract the .zip archive so that you now have a folder called PHP in the root of your C: drive, with the PHP program files inside of it. You should be able to find the php.exe file at "C:\PHP\php.exe".
Note: if your file structure does not match the structure above our scripts will not run.
4. Find the folder "C:\PHP\php-client\". Copy the folder to "C:\Users\YourUsernameHere\php-client\" making sure to update with your windows username.
5. That's it!