The upload process is easy to accomplish by organizing data by custodian, then collection, and uploading data one of six possible ways:
- Upload a file, Zip or Folder up to 2 GBs through the interface directly;
- Use the secure Indexed I/O ftp to transfer files for processing (each Project receives a secure ftp);
- Utilize third party transfer options (ftp or sftp);
- Utilize Amazon’s S3 bucketing to transfer data (fastest option);
- Collect custodian email with our IMAP Connector and process data directly through the interface;
- Utilize Indexed I/O’s DropBox connector to ingest data easily and quickly
To begin, click into the specific project that you wish to add data. Begin by clicking on the button “Add data to this project”, as shown below:
There will be a two-step wizard appearing in the middle of the screen, asking for pertinent information:
- Custodian Name;
- Project Name;
- Project Description
You can also select or de-select the following activities to occur during processing:
- Extract files from containers (Standard Selection and Always Pre-checked)
- Extract attachments from emails (Standard Selection and Always Pre-checked)
- Extract embedded items from files and emails (Not Standard Selection)
- Image presentations with notes (Not Standard Selection)
Once Users hit “Next” they are brought to multiple options to ingest the data:
The data can be uploaded directly by browsing for a single file, PST or container file through the “Upload” tab. We enable up to 2 GB transfers of data through this “drag and drop” option.
The most commonly used method to ingest data is the IIO drive, which is our secure FTP. When a project is created, the creator will receive a confirmatory email that contains the secure ftp credentials to upload data for that specific matter.
Please remember that when uploading data as a collection that you can only have one file, such as a single file, a PST or a zip or other container file that may contain a virtually unlimited number of items, PSTs, zips, files, etc. Also, a User cannot add data to an already processed a collection. The User will need to create a new collection.
As part of our services, we also offer the ability to collect email from any IMAP enabled email account. To begin, you will need to know the User name and password for the specific email accounts.
We offer a simple two-step wizard to initiate a connection to the email account under the data ingestion tab, as follows:
First, you will need to select the IMAP email provider as noted under the Email tab, and then select the specific email provider:
Once Users hit “Next”, they will need to enter the email address and password:
Once the User hits “Save”, the IMAP connector will connect to the email account and begin to synch the items with our processers. Once synching completes, the data will begin processing.
During Processing we will complete a number of steps:
After Processing, the collections for each custodian that have been processed will appear within the ‘Collections” tab, as follows: